Constipation is the most common disorder associated with chronic diseases. Incorrect nutrition, lack of exercise and some drugs increase the risk of their occurrence. Fortunately, you can counteract it.
Causes of constipation
Constipation is the most common cause of gastrointestinal discomfort reported by elderly and bedridden patients.
According to the definition, constipation occurs when the patient returns the stool less than 3 times a week. Often, constipation is accompanied by other symptoms – feeling of fullness, flatulence, belching, headaches, disgust in the mouth. The use for the CBD Suppositories come perfect there.
The most common causes of constipation include:
- Low-fat diet, or diet with low fiber content.
- Mechanical obstacles – colon cancer, fecal stones, intestinal stenosis occurring in Crohn’s disease, inflammation of the large intestine.
- Systemic diseases – hypothyroidism, hyperparathyroidism, cystic fibrosis, diabetes.
- Diseases of the nervous system – Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injuries.
- The use of drugs – sedative, antiepileptic, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (paracetamol, ibuprofen, ketonal), mineral salts (calcium, iron), abuse of laxatives.
- Sitting lifestyle, immobilization in bed.
Ways to constipation
The career of a sick person who suffers from constipation must adequately compose meals intended for the mentee.
The right choice of food helps to cure constipation.
Hardening diet should take into account the following principles:
It is necessary to increase the amount of fiber consumed, which occurs mainly in vegetables and fruits as well as whole grain cereal products (rye bread, graham bread).
You should consume at least 2 liters of liquids daily. The water relaxes the stool, making it easier to donate. It is best to consume carrot, multi-vegetable (tomato, beetroot) juices, as well as fruit puree (apple, strawberry, orange), green tea.
- The diet should exclude pungent vegetables – beans, peas, cabbage, onions.
- It is best to eat cooked, steamed or baked in foil. Fried foods should be avoided.
- Breakfast is recommended for cereal flakes with bran, which absorb water and increase intestinal motility.
- It is worth eating 3-4 dried plums every day, which are high in fiber.
- It is important to exclude cocoa and chocolate from the menu, because it works in a breathtaking way.
The consumption of products containing probiotic bacteria such as natural yoghurt, kefir and sauerkraut is beneficial for intestinal peristalsis. Probiotics can also be administered in the form of probiotic preparations purchased at a pharmacy.
Looking after a patient suffering from constipation involves, among other things, serving meals at regular intervals, every 3-4 hours. This is very important because it prevents food from remaining in the stomach.
To increase intestinal motility, one should fast drink a drink prepared from a tablespoon of natural honey dissolved in half a glass of water. In turn, before going to bed, drink infusion of linseed (1 tablespoon of flax added to a glass of boiling water, boil for 1 minute, drink chilled together with grains). Linseed prevents constipation because it positively affects the intestinal mucosa.