You have been to your doctor, and he or she ordered a fluoroscopy procedure for you. He explains the process and the purpose of doing it, but you don’t have a deep understanding of what it’s all about. So if you are confused and you need to have one soon, then this article is definitely for you. Let this article show you what fluoroscopy is all about and how to prepare yourself before the procedure at any Melbourne radiology clinics.
What Fluoroscopy is All About
Fluoroscopy is an imaging technique procedure that will gather real-time moving images using a fluoroscope. The images will be of the internal structures of the patient. A fluoroscope has a fluorescent screen and an X-ray beam that will pass through the human body. It works like an X-ray movie where continuous images are being displayed on the monitor.
Reasons Why You Need Fluoroscopy
Fluoroscopy is a huge help to invasive surgical procedures because it will only require a tiny incision, thus, reducing any risks of infection and boosts recovery time. Surgeons typically request for fluoroscopy to guide them during surgical procedures. It will allow the doctor to see the moving structures of the human body and also help them diagnose a specific disease.
Here are the instances when you will need a fluoroscopy procedure:
- A fluoroscopy procedure is needed of the lymph or blood vessels of the cerebral vessels, leg, and heart.
- Blood Flow Studies. Fluoroscopy can help see the flow of blood to specific organs.
- Catheter Insertion. If a tube is needed to be inserted into the body, fluoroscopy can be a massive help during the procedure.
- It is the process of inserting a rubber tip into the rectum.
- Orthopedic Surgery. Any surgery within the musculoskeletal system will need a fluoroscopy procedure.
- Pacemaker Implant. Implanting a tiny electronic device in a human body’s chest will gain benefit from fluoroscopy.
- Urological Surgery. This is the surgical procedure of the urinary tract and the sex organs.
General Preparation For A Fluoroscopy Procedure
Now that you know what a fluoroscopy procedure is about and why you will need one, then it is time to learn how to prepare yourself. First, your doctor will sit you down and explain the details of the said procedure. It will be your chance to ask questions about fluoroscopy. So prepare your questions ahead of time. It will also be the time when you will have to sign a consent form to give your doctor permission to perform fluoroscopy. You have to let your doctor know if you are taking any medications, your allergies, as well as any medications that you are currently taking.
Schedule Your Fluoroscopy Appointment
Now that you are all set, then you can schedule your fluoroscopy appointment at your trusted Melbourne radiology clinic. One of the most trusted in Australia is Imaging Associates. They have a team of radiologists who offer expertise in different diagnostic imaging and interventional procedures. You can visit the Imaging Associates website to know more about the services they provide and take advantage of online booking to request for an appointment.