Stress and anxiety are common terms, which have become integrally related with our lives now. There is probably no person in this world, who is not under stress or suffers from anxiety issues. Right from stressing before an examination to stress in job, personal life, social life, stress of meeting family demands etc. – there are different dimensions in which stress prevails in our lives. Sometimes, the period of stress and anxiety is exceptionally long and can be classified as chronic anxiety. In such situations, some external help might be needed for resetting the entire stress-response matter.
The saddest thing to note is that the medical system generally falls short on providing any kind of solution to this stress and anxiety thing. If you are a patient of chronic stress and anxiety, you might try supplementing your ongoing treatment with CBD oil or other kinds of CBD products. The effectiveness of CBD oil for anxiety or CBD oil for pain has been established. Innumerable people are gaining great results from the use of CBD products for pain and anxiety issues. There is strong evidence backed up with convincing research that CBD products act as excellent anti-anxiety supplements. These have proved to be very successful for following cases:
- Panic disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Social anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
How does anxiety and stress become chronic?
Research reports have proved that almost 1 in 4 individuals suffer from some or other kind of anxiety disorder in their whole lifetime. There are feelings of unpreparedness, dread and fear and some kind of imminent danger recurring again and again. These lead to physical reactions as well as various kinds of emotional turmoil and disturbing thoughts. From where do such feelings emanate?
Our genetics are to be blamed for this. There might be minor differences in the neurotransmitters or hormones in the body like in norepinephrine and serotonin and these hormones will greatly impact the manner in which one responds to stress and anxiety. Along with this, there is also the factor of lifestyle and environmental toxins, which affect the neurochemistry of individuals.
In common parlance, we often think that stress and anxiety are the same thing. But it is actually not so. Stress is the biggest source of anxiety in people. When someone suffers from chronic stress, the brain starts feeling anxious. There is an attempt that you “remember” the event so that you can avoid and anticipate more stress in future. Everyone has to pass through highly stressful situations again and again but with proper stress response means, it can be controlled to quite an extent.
Anxiety and chronic stress impacts both mind and body drastically
It is already a proven fact that anxiety and stress creates havoc for the mind and the body – both. Some of the most common problems which emanate with stress and anxiety include:
- Heart ailments
- Weight gain
- Muscular tension
- Digestive problems
- High levels of fatigue
- Weakened immune system
- Endocannabinoid imbalance
Along with these physical issues, stress and anxiety hampers brain chemistry as well.
CBD and stress and anxiety
There are innumerable people who have gained greatly with CBD oil for treating their stress and anxiety related issues. And gradually scientific evidences are also being available which show that CBD plays an important role in combating anxiety and related disorders. In studies it has been deciphered that CBD offers more than 65 targets all throughout the human body. Therefore the actual source of therapeutic property of CBD is not very clear. At the same time, it is also found that CBD helps in combating anxiety and stress by stimulating neural regeneration and the neurotransmitter systems which run in the body.
- Serotonin–The functioning of this particular neurotransmitter is very complex and the effect of the same is dependent on what it binds to. There are 14 different receptors of serotonin and CBD bunds specifically to 5-HT1A. This receptor is believed to have the strongest role when it comes to anxiety disorders. Thus, the anti-anxiety effects of CBD are proved from this.
- Endocannabinoids–Cannabinoids are naturally produced in the body and they are used in the brain and all throughout the body via the endocannabinoid system. Under chronic stress and anxiety the system might become deregulated. The balance to the endocannabinoid system can be restored with CBD. CBD helps in relieving issues like OCD and other kinds of anxious behaviors.
- Neural regeneration – You might not be aware of the fact that chronic anxiety and stress can lead to damage of neurons and even lead to shrinking of brains. However, there are some areas of the brain which can be regenerated. All through our lives, the human body makes new connections, forms new neurons and also grows the brain. All these processes are boosted with the help of CBD. This is clear indication of the fact that the effects of brain damage can be counterbalanced by CBD. CBD has shown to encourage neural regeneration.
Now that you have clear idea as how CBD and anxiety are related, you can definitely use CBD oil for anxiety and cope with stressful situations in better manner.